Amid the explosion of unstructured data, many companies are hurrying to migrate and protect their organization’s data and applications in the cloud. They do so in the hopes of taking advantage of its flexibility, powerful performance and computing capabilities, scalability, storage capacity, and faster application deployment.
However, some might be shocked to know that 98% of businesses still maintain storage servers on-premises, and maintain they have no plans to move to the cloud completely anytime soon. On the other hand, many companies are trying to assess how to strike a balance between the two diverse worlds of storage locations to get the most benefit out of both.
Datadobi and Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute: The Best of On-Premises and Cloud Data Storage
The good news is that enterprises can have the best of both on-premises and cloud storage options, and it’s not as difficult as it might seem.
Datadobi and Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute have partnered together to deliver a safe and best-in-class solution for organizations who want to keep their on-premises storage, but also take advantage of cloud storage and its benefits.
Why Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute?
Enterprises who use DobiMigrate and DobiProtect to move and protect their data can use Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute to create private connections between on-premises infrastructure (or a colocation environment) and the cloud.
ExpressRoute connections don’t go over the public Internet. With ExpressRoute, enterprises can choose to connect to the cloud at an ExpressRoute location (such as an exchange provider facility) or connect directly from an existing WAN network (i.e. a multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) VPN).
Organizations can also connect on-premises networks using the Microsoft global network. Additionally, ExpressRoute offers faster speeds, more reliability, and lower latencies than typical Internet connections, and even cost savings in certain instances.
Examining Public and Private Connections to Migrate and Protect Data
There are risks involved with choosing public methods to migrate your data instead of being protected by the Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute. Sources and targets can result in the following risks:
- An organization’s data is significantly more vulnerable to malicious attacks and cyber theft over public connections
- Enterprises can encounter longer and varied copy and scan times
- Migration, replication, and backup windows will be longer
- Increased job congestion as migration, backup, and replication jobs stack up in the queue
- Increased risk for project delays
- Allocated time for IT personnel to execute tasks can be excessive
Choosing DobiMigrate and DobiProtect as your migration and protection software for copying data over an ExpressRoute connection to Azure delivers considerable benefits:
- The combination of Datadobi and ExpressRoute deliver improved security coverage since the data is copied over the private ExpressRoute connection
- Datadobi’s Customer Support Team removes the challenges of migrating to cloud services
- The overall customer experience is significantly better with a more seamless, smooth process
- Industry leading speed and reliability during migration delivers quicker outcomes
- Monitoring, upgrading, reporting, and troubleshooting are automated
- DobiMigrate’s predictable release methodology helps overcome interoperability challenges
- Migration and protection data copies are verified to maintain complete data integrity and avoid data loss
Datadobi Makes Data Migration and Protection Easy
The best of both worlds is possible. Before you know it, you may find yourself looking at other things in your life through your newly donned “fast, reliable, private” sunglasses, asking yourself just how fast, reliable and private can those things be?
We’re here to walk you through the data migration and protection process and get you started in the right direction when you’re ready to bridge the divide between your on-premises storage and your sources and targets in Microsoft Azure or other cloud options.
To talk through your organization’s data migration or protection project, please visit our contact page and one of our representatives will reach out to you as soon as possible.