In the last several years, many customers have shared a frustratingly common secret about their file and object unstructured data. Prior to contacting Datadobi, most of them had been operating with limited knowledge of what types of unstructured data they have, where it is, and even how much they’re consuming on-premises or in the cloud.
Before spring of this year, there were virtually no vendor-neutral solutions on the market available to comprehensively assess the unstructured data on-premises and/or in the cloud while providing the means to actively manage that data.
This unstructured data “dance” is not a one-man job. It takes a team working in conjunction with storage vendors and partners alike to bring together an often complex game plan for what is typically a disjointed storage estate. Many organizations don’t have the visibility required to understand the characteristics of the data being stored and without visibility, the ability to manage the data is highly compromised. And once visibility is gained you need the ability to act upon the data meaningfully. For example, you might need to dispose of risky data or you might want to relocate a given dataset from on-premises storage to cloud-based file systems.
There’s a Smarter Way to Manage your Unstructured Data
But what if you could analyze and act on all your unstructured data using one piece of powerful software?
Well, now you can.
In May of 2022, Datadobi announced the general availability of StorageMAP – the vendor and cloud-neutral data management platform that enables enterprises to get a grip on all of their unstructured data management challenges – namely a lack of visibility, cost, and risk due to aging data, and a lack of control over the mobility and placement of data.
StorageMAP is a purpose-built, vendor-neutral, enterprise-level file and object unstructured data management software solution. Datadobi is constantly evolving its products to meet customer feature requests and improvements. And this focus on customer-driven requests to solve real-world problems has resulted in significant engineering investment to create StorageMAP.
Datadobi’s Unstructured Data Mobility Engine is the foundation of StorageMAP and provides the most advanced scanning technology available on the market. The highly advanced parallel scanning builds a master metadata index that is the foundation of analytics to provide much-needed visibility. As a result, customers no longer have to guess about what they are storing in their environment. With the insight provided by StorageMAP analytics customers can then ask questions and make informed decisions about the management of that data:
- Is the data protected?
- Should it be relocated, and to what platform?
- How much is the data costing the organization both in terms of financial and CO2 emission cost?
- Is data being stored beyond the required retention periods?
- Does stored data represent a risk to the organization and if, so, what’s the disposition plan?
With StorageMAP, you can tag datasets for classification and create jobs that use the underlying power of the vendor-neutral data mobility engine to put data where it belongs based on the analytics provided. StorageMAP makes it easy to understand, organize, and control your file and object data to better manage your unstructured environment. IT leaders can achieve their highest priorities such as cost control, carbon footprint, and risk reduction as well as enable customers to use their data to its full extent.
New Feature Highlights:
- Categorize Data by Age and Size: Quickly identify aging and bulky items taking up valuable space on production systems that could potentially be moved off to colder-tiered storage.
- Categorize Data by Geography: Get a complete macroscopic view of file and object data in a single pane of glass regardless of where the data physically sits.
- Categorize Data by Type: Categorize data by Text, Presentation, Spreadsheet, PDF, Audio, Image, Video, Mailbox, and Archive, and other types.
- Categorize Data by Filer: Set your own cost center overhead, per filer, and see the total cost of ownership (TCO) play out in real-time. This gives clear financial impact information when determining where and how the next storage dollars get spent.
- Categorize by Group: Identify data associated with various corporate departments. Quickly see the view of data stored by group across multiple storage systems on-premises or in the cloud.
- Categorize by Top Users: Identify the top users or groups consuming capacity.
The features listed above are just the beginning of a deeper understanding of your environment.
By now, you may be wondering if Datadobi is the answer to better orchestrate your unstructured data environment.
Let’s talk about it.
If you would like to learn more about StorageMAP and its new features visit our contact page to get in touch with our team of field-hardened experts today.