06 February 2024
The Field CTO role within Datadobi is a high impact position focused on serving as an evangelist supporting strategic sales opportunities, attending industry and partner events, and working closely with prospects and existing customers as an advocate for their needs. Both business objectives and technical challenges must be discussed equally and competently with senior level executives.
This is a highly influential role and requires solid communications and presentation skills amongst varied audiences of both internal and external business and technology leaders. You need to be just as adept at engaging with the customer’s C-suite as you are at working closely with Datadobi’s internal product marketing and product management teams.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key senior level individuals at customers and partners
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers, understanding both their business and technology needs and providing solutions.
- Assist Datadobi sales teams and channel partners with understanding the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate and accelerate winning sales cycles, provide compelling value-based unstructured data management value propositions.
- Collaborate with Datadobi sales teams to provide combined business and technical expertise during strategic customer presentations and assist in closing deals.
- Act as an industry thought leader by writing articles, delivering presentations and representing Datadobi at strategic partner and industry events.
- Showcase expertise and vision in the unstructured data management domain to enhance Datadobi’s reputation.
- Promote Datadobi’s data management solutions to customers, partners and the broader industry while articulating both the business and technical benefits.
- Gather feedback from customers and the field and relay this information to Datadobi’s product management team.
- Monitor the competitive landscape, assess the strengths and weaknesses of rival companies’ technology offerings.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and technological advancements and assess their potential applicability to Datadobi solutions.
The successful candidate’s required skills and experience:
- Experience in customer-facing roles explaining business-oriented and technical concepts.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to articulate complex technical ideas to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across various departments and with external partners.
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Broad range of experience with on-prem and/or unstructured data storage and data management.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and experience creating content.
- Ability to write, produce, and deliver technical content: blogs, podcasts, videos, webinars, eBooks that influence, share and drive conversations via digital marketing and social media.
- Engineering or Computer Science Bachelor's Degree with minimum 10+ years of relevant industry experience. A master's degree, MBA or PhD is a plus.
- Ability to travel 50%+ of the time.
Why work for us
Datadobi is the global leader in unstructured data management, bringing order to heterogeneous unstructured storage and hybrid-cloud environments via our StorageMAP platform. Our software allows customers to go beyond data stored to data managed both on-premises and in the cloud. We help enterprises manage unstructured data growth through the power of visualization, organization, and action in a single pane of glass.
Headquartered in the medieval town of Leuven, Belgium, across the canal from the world’s largest brewer (Anheuser-Busch InBev who make Stella Artois), Datadobi is a global company with offices in the US, UK, Germany and Australia. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success.
To learn more about Datadobi, visit www.datadobi.com
What we offer
The successful candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package commensurate with their skills and experience.
Datadobi is an equal opportunity employer.