08 October 2020
No relocation package
Driven by our rapidly expanding customer base, we are looking for a UX Specialist to strengthen our product team and advance our data management software suite.
Our end users are data center administrators and CIOs. They often struggle managing an exponentially growing amount of data that is spread over dozens of servers, both in data centers and in the cloud. Our software suite gives them back control on this ocean of unstructured data.
Using intuitive dashboards and analytics tools to slice and dice their digital assets, our customers discover suboptimal data placement or underprotected data. They generate reports and take the necessary actions on their data, such as moving data to the cloud, creating a copy for cyberprotection, or repatriating data to another location.
- Understand product specifications and user psychology.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers. Interview the stakeholders and ask the right questions.
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs.
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g., usability, findability).
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps.
- Prepare wireframes for eye-catching dashboards.
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams, partners, and customers.
- Permanently drive towards simplicity.
- Understand and document the technical implications of your designs.
- Develop a design system to visualize and manipulate large-scale datasets.
- Work together with the software developers towards consistency in layout, flow, terminology, style, fonts, colors, and images.
- Install an agile process for defining the user interactions for new features and for permanent evaluation and continuous improvement of the user experience.
The successful candidate’s required skills and experience
- Proven work experience in a similar role.
- Experience in creating user flows, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Familiarity with user research and usability testing.
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture.
- Being in touch with state-of-the-art web technology and design trends.
- Positive personal interaction and teamwork skills.
- Self-confidence with an ability to find compromise.
- Team spirit and strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and other web standards.
- Experience with enterprise application UX.
- You speak and write fluent English.
- The following experience is a plus:
- Vaadin GUI framework
- REST APIs
- GUI testing
- System administration
Why work for us
Datadobi is a leader in unstructured data migration and protection software. With 10 years of experience in building high-quality software and delivering high-quality service, Datadobi has a reputation of being a vendor that really delivers on its promises. Datadobi’s customers are large financial, health care, energy, and other enterprises whose unstructured data is critical to their business’ success.
Headquartered in the medieval town of Leuven, Belgium, across the canal from the world’s largest brewer (Anheuser-Busch InBev that makes Stella Artois), Datadobi is a global company with offices in the US, UK, Germany, and Australia. Our agile, high-energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success.
What we offer
The successful candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package commensurate with his or her skills and experience.
Datadobi is an equal opportunity employer.