17 March 2021
US (Greater Boston Area)
The technical writer is a hands-on position in the Training and Knowledge group of our growing Datadobi Global Operations team. This is a technical role and involves identifying, creating, updating, and managing documentation and training for Datadobi’s line of products. These include release notes, user guides, training presentations, storyboards, recording of training videos, whitepapers, online help, FAQs, and knowledge-based articles.
The aim for all documentation deliverables is to be strongly customer oriented and should enable customers and partners to get educated on all aspects of Datadobi's product line, with varying skill levels. In this position, you will report to the Director of Global Operations and be part of a strong and dynamic team. You will work very closely with Engineering and Operations teams.
- Identify and elaborate on topics for training and documentation based on new feature releases, as well as from day-to-day interactions with our customers and partners.
- Work on internal and external training, certification programs, and all other related documentation collateral.
- Collaborate with different departments within the company: engineering, marketing, webmaster, operations, sales.
- For each software release:
- Collect input from engineering experts and other information sources to determine scope and planning of documentation deliverables.
- Update documentation according to planning and scope.
- Provide input for training materials.
- Contribute to updates of the company style guide and terminology list.
- Keep support documentation up to date (FAQs, knowledge-based articles, etc.).
The successful candidate’s required skills and experience
- Master or Bachelor degree in Information Technology (IT) or proven track record as technical writer in an IT environment.
- High command of English language (native or near native).
- Knowledge of software development, storage, or network principles is a must.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience with composing, writing, and editing technical documentation and training materials in the field of IT.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Strong interest and experience in information technology.
- Good planning, coordination, and communication skills.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with single sourcing and version control.
- Knowledge of the following tools is a plus:
- Documentation tools
- Version control (Git)
- Screen capture tools (Snagit or other)
- Screen capture video tools (Camtasia)
- Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- HTML and/or wiki editors
Why work for us
Datadobi is a leader in unstructured data migration and protection software. With 10 years of experience in building high-quality software and delivering high-quality service, Datadobi has a reputation of being a vendor that really delivers on its promises. Datadobi’s customers are large financial, healthcare, energy, and other enterprises whose unstructured data is critical to their business’ success.
Headquartered in the medieval town of Leuven, Belgium, across the canal from the world’s largest brewer (Anheuser-Busch InBev, that makes Stella Artois), Datadobi is a global company with offices in the US, UK, Germany, and Australia. Our agile, high-energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success.
What we offer
The successful candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package commensurate with his or her skills and experience.
Datadobi is an equal opportunity employer.