Support Engineer – Level 3
24 January 2024
This is a technical hands-on support position for our growing Operations team. As a product expert you will be involved in supporting Datadobi’s customers and service delivery partners to help them deliver their projects using Datadobi’s software product suite StorageMAP.
- Technical delivery —provide the customer with deep technical expertise and support on the usage of the StorageMAP product suite. You will work closely with our engineering team and in collaboration define enhancements of the product suite when needed or create resolutions or workarounds for our customers’ specific needs;
- Project management —provide the customer with project management leadership in projects based upon the StorageMAP product suite;
- Partner management —provide our partners with technical support, training, coaching and expertise.
- Provide technical support on the StorageMAP product suite and the source & target platforms during project execution;
- Root causing field issues and educating customers and partners on using any of the products in the StorageMAP product suite;
- Writing Knowledge Base articles and best practices procedures for specific areas of the product suite when appropriate;
- Assist in compiling story-boards for instructional videos on specific areas of the product suite;
- Feedback to Datadobi engineering on issues, feature requests, and customer requirements;
- Be part of an on-call (24/7) rotation in case of afterhours support issues;
- Ensure positive customer satisfaction and that customer relationship is maintained;
- Provide training and coaching on the usage of the StorageMAP product suite to our partners and customers;
- Help the account management team develop new opportunities within existing customers;
- Flexible working hours, allowing to support West Coast USA customers.
The successful candidate’s required skills and experience:
Critical elements in the right candidate include (in order of importance):
- Very strong and broad understanding of NAS environments and how they are implemented in real life:
- Both in a Windows and Linux/Unix environment;
- NFS, SMB, DNS, DFS, AD, etc. and the common ways of combining these together;
- Understanding and knowledge of S3 environments is a plus;
- Linux/Windows admin skills are very desirable;
- Strong support background, including making and giving presentations, creating reports and generally providing a consistent and professional image;
- Strong self-discipline and self-management skills and ability to travel if required;
- Team player, experience working in virtual teams;
- Entrepreneurship, flexibility, taking initiative and a continuous-improvement mindset are required;
- Feeling comfortable in a fast-changing environment;
- Ability to maintain or obtain a federal clearance;
- Alignment with our company people values on persistence, commitment, ownership and completion.
Why work for us
Datadobi is the global leader in unstructured data management, bringing order to heterogeneous unstructured storage and hybrid-cloud environments via our StorageMAP platform. Our software allows customers to go beyond data stored to data managed both on-premises and in the cloud. We help enterprises manage unstructured data growth through the power of visualization, organization, and action in a single pane of glass.
Headquartered in the medieval town of Leuven, Belgium, across the canal from the world’s largest brewer (Anheuser-Busch InBev who make Stella Artois), Datadobi is a global company with offices in the US, UK, Germany and Australia. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success.
To learn more about Datadobi, visit www.datadobi.com
What we offer
The successful candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package commensurate with their skills and experience.
Datadobi is an equal opportunity employer.