Chief Technology Officer
18 November 2019
US or close proximity to Belgium
Datadobi is seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to help steer the company’s products and services through rapid business growth. Datadobi’s software product DobiMigrate created a completely new market and is now the leader in the unstructured data migration space. Datadobi’s new functionality, new products, and future roadmap are set to make Datadobi a leader in the unstructured data management market.
The Chief Technology Officer will help shape and guide the development of existing and new products toward Datadobi’s vision. The CTO is the linchpin between our hundreds of customers, our many alliance partners, our experienced development team, and our sales and marketing teams in ensuring that Datadobi’s products address real market needs.
The day-to-day work will focus on evangelizing the current product set, identifying new market needs and opportunities, and tracking market evolution and competition. The CTO will also translate new market needs into product and roadmap requirements with the goal of providing best-in-class solutions to the market at the right time – and delivering maximum ROI to Datadobi and its customers.
This position reports directly to the CEO and has a very close working relationship with the VP of Sales and Marketing and the Chief Architect.
The successful candidate’s required experience
- Deep technical experience with file and object storage technologies
- Broad and deep understanding of the file and object storage market
- Strategic understanding of the trends within the file and object storage market
- Technology evangelist
- Roadmap development
- Significant customer interaction
- Public presentation to customers and partners both one on one and at events
The successful candidate’s required skills
- Decompose customers’ challenges into whole product solutions.
- Translate market requirements into detailed product requirements.
- Decompose complex technical challenges into easy-to-digest information towards the various stakeholders both up- and downstream.
- Have well-developed presentation skills to audiences of all types.
- Experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
- File and object data protocols
- Data security technologies
- Networking protocols
- Data management
- Modelling languages
What we offer
Datadobi complements your challenging job with a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with your experience.
The candidate for this position will likely be located in the USA or within easy reach of Belgium (no relocation package is offered).
Datadobi is an equal opportunity employer.