The Technical Writer is a hands-on position in the Training and Knowledge group of our growing Datadobi Delivery team. This is a technical role and involves identifying, creating, updating, and managing documentation and training for Datadobi’s line of products. These include release notes, user guides, training presentations, storyboards, recording of training videos, white papers, online help, FAQs, and knowledge base articles.
The aim for all documentation deliverables is to be strongly customer oriented and should enable customers and partners to become educated on all aspects of the Datadobi product line, with varying skill levels. In this position you will report to the Head of Delivery and be part of a strong and dynamic team. You will work very closely with the Knowledge Manager, Engineering, and Delivery teams.
- Identify and elaborate on topics for training and documentation based on new feature releases, as well as from day-to-day interactions with our customers and partners.
- Work on internal and external training, certification programs, and all other related documentation collateral.
- Map out training plans; design and develop training programs.
- Collaborate with different departments within the company: Engineering, Marketing, Webmaster, Delivery, and Sales.
For each software release:
- Collect input from engineering experts and other information sources to determine scope and planning of documentation deliverables.
- Update documentation according to planning and scope.
- Provide input for training materials.
- Coordinate the production of training videos.
- Contribute to updates of the company style guide and terminology list.
- Keep support documentation up to date (FAQs, knowledge base articles, etc.).
The successful candidate’s required skills and experience
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in information technology or proven track record as technical writer in an IT environment.
- High command of English (native or near native).
- Knowledge of software development, storage, or network principles is recommended.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience with composing, writing, and editing technical documentation and training materials.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Strong interest and experience in information technology.
- Good planning, coordination, and communication skills.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with single sourcing and version control.
Knowledge of the following tools is a plus:
- Documentation tools (AsciiDoc doc generation)
- Version control (Git)
- Screen capture tools (Snagit or other)
- Screen capture video tools (Camtasia)
- Project tracking tools (Jira, etc.)
- LMS (Moodle)
- Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- HTML and/or wiki editors
Why work for us
Datadobi is a leader in unstructured data migration and protection software. With 10 years of experience in building high-quality software and delivering high-quality service, Datadobi has a reputation of being a vendor that really delivers on its promises. Datadobi’s customers are large financial, health care, energy, and other enterprises whose unstructured data is critical to their business. Dell EMC is Datadobi’s largest partner, where we are part of the Dell EMC Select program, have a Master Services Agreement, and an Enterprise License Agreement for use of our software by Dell EMC PS world-wide.
Headquartered in the medieval town of Leuven, Belgium, across the canal from the world’s largest brewer (Anheuser-Busch InBev, that makes Stella Artois), Datadobi is a global company with offices in the US, UK, Germany, and Australia. Our agile, high-energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success.
To learn more about Datadobi, visit www.datadobi.com.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Datadobi is an equal opportunity employer.