Technical Support and Delivery Engineer – Level 4
This is a technical hands-on delivery position for our growing migration delivery and support team. As a product expert you will be involved in supporting Datadobi’s customers and service delivery partners to help them deliver their projects using Datadobi’s software product suite DobiMiner.
The position is multi-functional and includes:
- Technical delivery —provide the customer with deep technical expertise and support on the usage of the DobiMiner product suite. You will work closely with our engineering team and in collaboration define enhancements of the product suite when needed or create resolutions or workarounds for our customers’ specific needs;
- Project management —provide the customer with project management leadership in projects based upon the DobiMiner product suite;
- Partner management —provide our partners with technical support, training, coaching and expertise.
Most projects are carried out by our partners or by Datadobi as a subcontractor to a partner and as such you will be required to work with partner project managers and other staff who have control of the project at the customer. You will be supported in this position by a strong software engineering team.
The job entails:
- Provide technical support on the DobiMiner product suite and the source & target platforms during project execution;
- Root causing field issues and educating customers and partners on using any of the products in the DobiMiner product suite;
- Writing Knowledge Base articles and best practices procedures for specific areas of the product suite when appropriate;
- Assist in compiling story-boards for instructional videos on specific areas of the product suite;
- Feedback to Datadobi engineering on issues, feature requests, and customer requirements;
- Assess feasibility and calculate effort, duration and cost for new projects;
- Execute projects as technical project manager and implementation specialist:
- Installation and configuration cycle.
- Problem solving with technical issues during project.
- Logging and follow-up of Tickets/Defects.
- Be on-call (24/7) on scheduled basis in case of out-of-hours support issues;
- Work with partner project managers and others to prioritize tasks and schedule activities;
- Ensure positive customer satisfaction and that customer relationship is maintained.
- Provide training and coaching on the usage of the DobiMiner product suite to our partners and customers;
- Help the account management team develop new opportunities within existing customers;
The successful candidate’s required skills and experience:
Critical elements in the right candidate include (in order of importance):
- Very strong and broad understanding of NAS environments and how they are implemented in real life:
- Both in a Windows and Linux/Unix environment.
- NFS, SMB, DNS, DFS, AD, etc. and the common ways of combining these together.
- Understanding and knowledge of CAS and/or S3 environments is a plus;
- Linux/Windows admin skills are very desirable;
- Strong delivery or support background and strong project management skills, including making and giving presentations, creating reports and generally providing a consistent and professional image;
- Strong self-discipline and self-management skills and ability to travel if required.
- Entrepreneurship, flexibility, taking initiative and a continuous-improvement mindset are required;
- Feeling comfortable in a fast-changing environment;
- Alignment with our company people values on persistence, commitment, ownership and completion.
What we offer :
The successful candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package commensurate with their skills and experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org