Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
The pre-sales systems engineer provides technical sales support during the pre-sales cycle to Datadobi customers and prospects, including executing proof-of-concept projects. A successful candidate will apply their respective skills, knowledge, and experience in customer and partner interactions of various formats, such as on-site visits, presentations, workshops, migration projects, webcasts, road shows, and other activities.
- Supports the account manager in sales activities to win existing opportunities and identify and qualify new sales opportunities.
- Takes ownership for all technical aspects of the sales campaign with the goal of securing the technical win.
- Strong focus on understanding the customer’s business needs as well as their current strategy, challenges, technical issues, and risks during data migrations, and the economic impacts of these issues and risks.
- Develops and maintains appropriate technical- and managerial-level contacts within the customer’s organization.
- Takes responsibility for proof-of-concept projects. Designs DobiMiner solutions and executes installation, customization, and integration across projects of varying scale and complexity.
- Captures detailed technical requirements to properly scope projects and define the appropriate solution architecture. Coordinates with internal Datadobi Service Delivery teams to create SOWs of varying complexity. At times this role will be required to negotiate project scope effectively with the customer and Datadobi Service Delivery teams.
- Provides input to product and solution owners (Engineering, Product Management) on the development of new capabilities based on feedback from in-field experience with Datadobi’s products and solutions.
- Identifies and provides training and enablement to Datadobi customers and partners.
- Creates content in the form of blog entries, whitepapers, technical briefs, and technical presentations.
The successful candidate’s required skills and experience:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to influence and establish credibility and work with sales, peers, users, prospects, customers, and partners.
- Possesses strong product, technology, industry, and solution knowledge about NAS and object storage markets.
- Detailed DobiMiner product knowledge (training provided).
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to present remotely (via webcast) and directly to audiences of various sizes while adapting the messaging from technical details to overall business requirements as needed.
- Project management and delivery skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with customers and their technical staff, such as administrators, architects, application specialists, engineers, developers, product managers, but also with business owners and executive-level stakeholders.
- Understands industry trends and the challenges related to data storage and migration.
- Innovative and motivated to actively look for solutions to problems.
- Empowered and willing to accept responsibility and take ownership.
- Self-motivated, positive, helpful, proactive, and enthusiastic individual.
What we offer:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package commensurate with their skills and experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com