The pre-sales consultant provides technical sales support during the pre-sales cycles to Datadobi customers, prospects, and partners, including executing proof of concept projects. The successful candidate will apply their respective skills and their knowledge and experience in customer and partner interactions of various formats, such as onsite visits, presentations, workshops, migration projects, webcasts, road shows and other activities.
- Strong focus on understanding the customers’, prospects’, and partners’ business needs, their current strategy, their challenges, their technical issues and risks during data migrations, and the economic impacts of these issues and risks.
- Develops and maintains appropriate technical and managerial level contacts within the customer/prospect/partner.
- Provides architecture, product or solution design, and executes software-demos during the bid phase. Supports the design and development of the technical architectural content defined in the SOW. May develop complex SOWs and can negotiate scope effectively with customer and internal Datadobi teams.
- Supports the account manager in sales activity to win existing opportunities and identify and qualify new sales opportunities.
- Provides input into product and solution owners (Engineering, Product Management) on the development of new capabilities, and feedback on field experience with Datadobi’s products and solutions.
- Identifies and provides training and enablement to Datadobi customers and partners.
- Takes responsibility for proof of concept projects. Designs DobiMiner solutions and executes installation, customization and integration across projects of moderate and large scale and complexity.
- Takes ownership for all technical aspects.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills; ability to influence and establish credibility and work with sales, peers, users, customers and partners.
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry/solution knowledge about the NAS market.
- Detailed DobiMiner product knowledge (training provided).
- Strong presentations skills with the ability to present remote (webcast) and direct to audiences of variable sizes – adapting the messaging from technical details to overall business requirements as needed.
- Project management and delivery skills.
Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with customers’ technical staff, such as administrators, architects, application specialists, engineers, developers, product management but also with business owners and executive level stakeholders.
Understand industry trends related to data storage and migration.
Innovative, actively looking for solutions to problems.
Willingness to accept responsibility and take ownership.
Self-motivated, positive, helpful, proactive and enthusiastic individual.